Tuesday, January 8, 2008

New Special Edition Print: Hanging Tree


This exposure was made back in May of 2006 and for whatever reason I had not gotten around to printing it. The negative proved to be a good candidate for split grade printing and I was able to pull the tones I was looking for. The tree seems to share them with the stone... blending into one another in a second, purely visual way. I remember making the negative one morning in McConnells Mill State Park and being impressed with the display of graceful tenacity.

The contact print is approximately 4x5 inches; mounted and over mated with white, 4ply, 8x10 inch Alpharag Artcare museum board; signed and numbered on the front; stamped, dated and titled on the verso. The silver gelatin print is toned lightly in selenium and available for a limited time at the reduced price of $50. See my website for more info.

No comments: