Saturday, February 17, 2007

Why BLOG?

I've choosen to start a web log for a few different reasons.

Firstly, whenever I show prints or scans I'm asked questions about why I choose to photograph many of the things people percieve as my subjects, how I go about the act of photographing with a view camera or with the small camera at night, and of course what drives me to photograph in the first place. I hope over time this blog will help to answer those questions in a way I cannot with a few spoken words.

Secondly, I already keep a journal but haven't written as much or as often as I would like. I hope the act of writing this public version of a journal will keep me motivated to write more for myself.

Thirdly, I enjoy reading the ideas and musings of those artists whose work I admire and wish to offer a similar window into my own thoughts about photography... And of course give people a reason to return to and become involved in my website (and perhaps buy a print!).

Finally, I find the process of organizing my thoughts into words to be extremely cathardic and equally valuable in finding creative direction.

No comments: